Tuesday, March 22, 2011

An absolutely fantabulous Q&A with...(Who could it be?)

Anna Cidor, author of the amazing Viking Magic Books, has ever so kindly done a fantastic Q&A with me! And it is just for you to read! I hope you love it!



*What is your all time favourite book?

That is an impossible question to answer. My mum started taking me to the
local library when I was very young and I began working my way through every
shelf DEVOURING books - and I have never stopped. I read very fast and not
very thoroughly, so I can usually read the same book several times and enjoy
different bits of it each time. 




*Why do you write?


It's an obsession. An idea takes hold of me and I have to write till I have
worked it out of my system. That is something that started when I was a
child too. 




*What inspires you daily?


I must think about whatever I am writing even in my sleep, because I keep
waking up during the night with ideas and by the time I get up in the
morning (if I can wait that long) I am bursting with inspiration. 




*In a film version of the Viking Magic books, who would you want to play the
two main characters?


I hope if there is ever a film version of the Viking Magic books that I
could really be involved in casting! Wouldn't that be fun? I think it would
be great to discover fresh new talents who had never been seen before. 




*Are you writing anything at the moment?


I have just finished a book called '1000 great places to travel with kids in
Australia'. It is 660 pages long!! Now I am going through a weird in-between
stage of trying to work out what to write next. It feels very strange
because I am used to having a book to think about day and night.  




*What tips can you give to aspiring writers?


Read your work out loud (even if you are alone) and listen to the rhythm and
flow of the words. Don't be afraid to completely re-write a sentence or even
a whole big chunk if you don't think it is right. Try to accept other
people's criticisms without getting too upset (I know how hard that is) and
then work out how to improve the writing. Good luck!




*What authors do you look up to?


Some of my favourite authors date from my childhood and are not very
fashionable at the moment, like Noel Streatfeild, Paul Gallico and Rumer
Godden. 




*What is your favourite thing about writing?


I love immersing myself in another world and imagining what it is like to
live in another time or place.




*Did you always want to be a writer?


I've always loved writing but I never thought about being a writer
professionally till I was married and stayed at home reading books to my own
kids. 




*What was your first job?


My first career was as a senior school maths teacher - yes, really - but my
first job was helping in a school holiday program. I've never really stopped
being a kid at heart. Even when I was a teacher I felt as if I was one of
the girls in the class playing at schools.




*What was the first book you wrote? (Not published)


I think the first book I wrote was a gift for one of my sisters. She was
interested in Japan so when I was about ten I researched Japan and wrote and
illustrated a tiny pocket-sized book for her.




*Out of all of your books, who do you think you are most like?


I think all the characters in my books have some aspect of me inside them,
but I don't think any of them is completely like the real me. 






Thank you ever so much for the Q&A Anne, it was a lot of fun!
(Now make sure you go and read the Viking Magic series now, because it is amazing!)


Keep reading,
Romi.xxx

3 comments:

  1. What a fun interview~ thanks to you both! I loved hearing that Anna is a Rumer Godden fan (one of my favorite's too). This was a great mix of personal info and advice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really great interview! I can't quite remember where I found your blog, I think you were following a blog I was following also, and I just went into your profile! Love this interview! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great interview! Thanks for sharing, Romi. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading my post and, if you care to, commenting! It means a lot to me that you have thoughts on this thing (whatever it may be), too, and want to share them.

Please note, however, that nothing hurtful will be tolerated.

Have a beautiful day.x