Thursday, May 19, 2011

Kingdom of the Lost book 1: The Red WInd by Isobel Carmody review...


What I thought:
I enitially read this at the library and really loved it... I love the mysteriousness of it, the fact that Bily and Zluty are so close, but so different, the strange animal in the cellar, the sky's odd habits and the fact that they aren't quite animals, but neither are they human.
I really like some Isobel Carmody's writing, and the fact that my second middle name is Isabella probably draws me to her books too! And this was probably my favourite of all her books- I do adore the Little Fur Books too though, they're splendid!
Well, after reading it quite quickly, I entered a competition on the Puffin website where I had to colour in a picture of a bear, and I got my mother to do one too, then a few weeks later! Guess what? We both got packages in the post containing t-shirts, badges and a copy of the book each! Signed individually too! YAY! It was super exciting!

Romi.xxx

1 comment:

  1. Super cool! I need you to reccomend some books I should read! Over the summer I have to read The Magician's Nephew and The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe for school, but obviously those won't take very long. By the way, if this helps with the list, I like mystery's and thrillers but I'm not into any of that new-age, modern 'literature'.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading my post and, if you care to, commenting! It means a lot to me that you have thoughts on this thing (whatever it may be), too, and want to share them.

Please note, however, that nothing hurtful will be tolerated.

Have a beautiful day.x