Wednesday, July 27, 2011

And guess what? Another Q&A! With, shall I tell you? It's...

Hello Poppies!
I've got another Q&A for you today! It's with Alison Lester, co-writer of One Small Island, which I review a little while ago! Thank you so much Alison, for answering my questions! And thank you again to Tina, for helping me out!

I hope you enjoy the Q&A!





*When did you decide to become a writer?
after i'd spent about 5 years illustrating other people's stories. i think i was 30.

*What are you currently reading?
enduring love by ian mcewan

*What, to you, is the essence of a grand book?
loving it so much i read all night

*Why do you write?
i love telling stories

*Did you always want to be an author?
nope, i wanted to be a drover first, then a vet.

*Do you have a favourite book?
i love a book called the uttermost part of the earth, by e lucas bridges. its set in tierra del feugo in the early 1900s.

*What inspires you?
life, fun, beauty, happiness, wonder

*Do you have a favourite- writing or illustrating?
when i'm writing i think how easy illustrating is and vice versa.

*What tips can you give to upcoming writers?
be yourself, expect to do 50 drafts of your story, listen to advice but don't always take it, persevere.

*Where is your favourite place to write?
i often write in my head when i'm running.


Love,
Romi.xxx

1 comment:

  1. I LOVED Alison Lester's picture books when i was little, they were classics on our shelf. magic beach, clive snaps snakes, when frank was four. she's brilliant.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading my post and, if you care to, commenting! It means a lot to me that you have thoughts on this thing (whatever it may be), too, and want to share them.

Please note, however, that nothing hurtful will be tolerated.

Have a beautiful day.x