Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Forgotten by Cat Patrick review...

Title- Forgotten.
Author- Cat Patrick.
Publish Date- 2011.
Publisher- Hardie Grant. (AUS)

Now for the review...


What I thought:
From three pages in I was hooked by this unique and strange story; the concept of a girl who could only recall her future, not her past, got to me in a way that few books did- it didn't drag out the story to make it a massive read, discarding anything that didn't matter and ending with a book like no other.
I loved it from the cover I won (which is my favourite one about!), to hearing that a movie is on the way, to brown converse wearing people, to a girl called London, to the very last page.
And the unexpected and totally unfornseen (maybe even for London!) twist towards the end, was amazingly done and gave the tale that extra bit of amazingness.

The story was very different to what I first thought it would be like, and I almost didn't get the chance to read it at all, so I am indebpted to Brodie for giving me the chance!
This was definitely one of my favourite reads for 2011, and will be an absolute re-read very soon!

Read it as soon as you possibly can!



Thank you to Brodie from Eleusinian Mysteries, where I won Forgotten!



3 comments:

  1. Sounds great. The idea of not remember your past but only your future is definitely interesting. Makes me think of Alice from Twilight - although not the same. Brown converse sounds unusual. I have black shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book has been sitting near the top of my TBR pile for quite some time. I have some reveiw books that I need to finish up first and then I am all over this one! I'm glad to see you enjoyed it so much - every positive review I read gets me more excited for it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!!! See this? This is my happy face :D I am so glad you loved this as much as I did. I am desperate for a reread aswell! Cat pulled off the story beautifully and Luke/London is one of the sweetest YA romances!

    Great review, Romi!! Cannot wait until we see the movie :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading my post and, if you care to, commenting! It means a lot to me that you have thoughts on this thing (whatever it may be), too, and want to share them.

Please note, however, that nothing hurtful will be tolerated.

Have a beautiful day.x