Monday, January 21, 2013

Books for when you're... (1)

This is a new series of posts that I've been thinking about for... not very long, but that does not decrease my passion and excitement for them!

Each week I will showcase 1-2 books that I think would be fantastic reading if you're going through a  certian emotion/stage in your life.


I even made a image specially. See- I'm committed to this now.

No time to start like the present, so lets get right into the gritty stuff...

Books For When You're Going Through A Break Up*-


    Why We Broke Up by Daniel Handler.
    Why I chose this book:
Now this is either going to seem like the obvious choice, or the complete opposite.  "A book about      someone explaining a break up? Excellent!" "A book about someone explaining a break up? I think I need not go there." And yet I will go there.
Why We Broke Up isn't a story that will weigh you down with sorrow- it's not a story that wallows in the sadness of the break up it deals with, but rather one that sees both the best and worst parts about a time of your life which you shared with someone you loved. This is a story where, in the very first page, our main character Min says the reason they broke up was because she loved Ed "too god-damn much." She loved him more than he loved her, and that's why they broke up. You may think, okay, end of story, but far from it. There's so much to this novel that inspires, that I think would help you get back onto your feet if you're really trying to move on but haven't quite been able to.
It's not for everyone, granted, but it was for me. If I ever go through a break up- nope, not 100% qualified to write this because I haven't- I'll go to this book.

*I'm thinking the when you're no longer with said person and wanting to move on, but aren't quite there yet.

4 comments:

  1. I love this idea and look forward to the next post! Fingers crossed I won't need this one!

    Maybe one day there will be a book on 'how I stopped gorging on chocolate after Christmas'!

    http://ritualsbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sara! That certainly is a great idea for a post, though I can't think of what book I could choose...!

      Delete
  2. I have been seeing that book in my library but never got to it. Not that I'm going through a break up, but I'll pick it up this time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry to hear that- it seems so strange to hear that my suggestion is being put to the test. I really hope it helps, and hope you're okay. x

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading my post and, if you care to, commenting! It means a lot to me that you have thoughts on this thing (whatever it may be), too, and want to share them.

Please note, however, that nothing hurtful will be tolerated.

Have a beautiful day.x