Monday, February 25, 2013

Get to know a blogger {1} Mel from The Daily Prophecy.


{Get to know a blogger is a new feature I'm hosting on my blog during 2013- every fortnight I will be posting a Q&A with a blogger, and together we can get to know just a little of the awesomeness that surrounds those in the blogging community. I think it's going to be fun.}

Today I am featuring Mel from The Daily Prophecy.

Describe yourself in 10 words or less.
That's difficult! Let me see..
Happy. Shy. Fairytale-lover. Bookworm. Collector. Disney. Passionate. Stubborn. Student. Nerd.
 
Describe your blog in 5 words.
Unique. Fairytales. YA. Active. Blue.
 
Has blogging changed anything about you?
Yes. I DNF books much earlier now, because it's a waste of time to read a book if you aren't enjoying it. I used to finish every book, but I don't want that anymore. There are too many great books out there :)
 
Please describe the awesomeness of blogging in three words. (Hyphen’s may be used to cheat.)
Meeting other booklovers.
 
What author/book/both have you found since you started to blog, that you can’t get enough of?
Where do I start? I've found many new authors, but I can't get enough of Julie Kagawa. I can't wait to read The eternity cure!
 
What is one thing that people might not know about you?
I study Biology and Medical Laboratory research - and I love it! :)
 
What is the first book you truly loved. Like Darcy and Lizzie LOVE.
You know, I've always been a little bookworm. I have a lot of pictures where I am 'reading', holding the book upside down, haha. I used to be a big fan of R.L Stine's Goosebumps and Virginia Andrews. It's hard to pick the first book I fell in love with, but I think I need to go with Harry Potter or The book thief.
 
What fictional character do you think most resembles you?I wish I could pick a real kick-ass character, but I'm not so tough unfortunately and I don't have crazy fightskills. I can identify with Belle from Beauty and the Beast, especially in the retelling from Cameron Dokey. Belle is very shy and insecure. She loves to read and she is rather on the background in big groups with unknown people. That's me. 
 
I had a great time answering these questions, thanks for having me! :D

Thank you so much for taking part in this new feature of mine, Mel, and being the one to bring it into the blogging community. 

Follow Mel (everywhere)-

 

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for having me as the first Blogger! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Mell- I had a lot of fun!

      Delete
  2. Ah, this was so fun to read! I love Mel. I did know she studied biology haha, and I can identify with Belle a lot too. And the fairytales, always the fairytales ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't she wonderful? Fairytales.... so wonderful. My sister was actually basically obsessed with Disney- Pocahontas and Beauty and the Beast, a love which I inherited.

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading my post and, if you care to, commenting! It means a lot to me that you have thoughts on this thing (whatever it may be), too, and want to share them.

Please note, however, that nothing hurtful will be tolerated.

Have a beautiful day.x