Monday, November 4, 2013

Plotting a Takeover: Character Buys 4.

A not so regular feature in which I pick a book and then pick out things I think the character/s themselves would own/use or just really like. All links go to etsy/the store's website. This week the featured book is...



Harry Potter by J. K. Rowling.
Focusing on Luna, Hermione and Hagrid.


Luna would forego wands and draw up beautiful designs by hand, magicing them on her friends skin for a couple of days.


I think both Luna and Hermione might sport something like this, a token from the muggle or wizarding world, a reminder when they're away. Also, coin necklaces are the most wonderful thing ever, so there's that.

Only Luna's own Raddish earrings look more resolutely Luna than these- I can actually visualise her wearing these. They're perfect.

Well if Hermione didn't have something like this, I don't think I know her at all.


Going back to my previous comment on Luna and her art, she would no doubt become a bestselling childrens author, who releases her own line of colouring books of magical creatures, somewhat like this. Original editions for her friends children.

When they go to visit Luna, this would be there, on her wall.

A reminder and a way to... innocently keep the polyjuice potion recipe close at hand, for Hermione.

I'm very fond of the budding career as an artist I see Luna taking on.


A beautiful gift from Hagrid!

Magical hairpieces for Luna, who will wear them with all the fearlessness she doesn't even realise she has.


This is one of the most perfect things I can see Hagrid giving to one of Ginny and Harry's children- they would become terrified, because of course they'd assume it was a real dragon, the children would be estatic either way.

And the thing everyone remembers.

12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Oh my isn't it fantastic? I hope I've given you something to ask for your your next gift giving+recieving time! Or anytime, really, because buying presents for yourself is great.

      Delete
  2. Those earrings are definitely amazing. Maybe containing some kind of needed spell ingredient? They are so awesome--I wish I can buy it! D: And the headpiece too! I haven't read Harry Potter but these lovely gifts seem to match the characters in mind when I was watching the movie. I would definitely buy them, if Hermione, Luna, and Hagrid didn't already. ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your lovely comment, Delaney! Aren't the earrings just stunning- I can imagine her wearing them so clearly, it's getting close to unnerving!

      Delete
  3. Dragons egg!! *grabby hands* And yes, those Glass bottles earrings would be perfect for Luna. I'm pretty sure she'd wear them. Sigh, I'm so going to order a book charm bracelet. But first I have to decide what books I'd want on it. Decisions, decisions...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, that's so exciting! I hope you share it on your blog, when it arrives- I'd love to see it!

      Delete
  4. These are brilliant! I'd love so many of these for myself. That bookish charm bracelet especially. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Sam! I definitely think you should get one! (:

      Delete
  5. This is such a marvellous idea. I really enjoyed it. I am a Harry Potter fan so I truly loved this. Thank you very much for including my Thor's lightning magical powder, Imaginary earrings! I really appreciated this! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that's wonderful to hear you're a fan of HP, too! I'm glad you liked it. (:

      Delete
  6. This is such a great list! Thanks for including my pillow!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not a problem, it's completely lovely!

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading my post and, if you care to, commenting! It means a lot to me that you have thoughts on this thing (whatever it may be), too, and want to share them.

Please note, however, that nothing hurtful will be tolerated.

Have a beautiful day.x