Thursday, November 27, 2014

It's time for me to get ready...

To Read!

Annually I take two months off from the internet. The time has come, again, for me to finish up on the computer and do a post of all the books I have set myself to read while offline.

This is my re-read pile! (Though I forgot to put I Capture the Castle and Tiger Lily.)
The Books:
The Giver, The Three Loves of Persimmon, This is Shyness, Why We Broke Up, The Unbecoming and the Evolution of Mara Dyer, The TOG series, Poison, His Dark Materials.

My current review book pile!
The Books:
Heap House, Legacy of the Claw, Penelope Perfect chapter sampler, The Flywheel, The Piper of Hamelin, Hansel and Gretel, The Battle for WondLa.

And this... well this is my tbr shelf. It is constantly growing. I am not even going to name all the books on here. There are just too many.

So I have quite a bit to do, since I am also tackling a huge amount of christmas movies this year (I don't think they really get shown on TV here, though I haven't looked for a while), looking after my niece for a few days each week and editing 1.5 novels. But reading will certainly be among all of those as a priority.
And now... well I will see you in February! Have a lovely festive season, read at least 1 splendiferous book, and be happy.
Romi.xx

14 comments:

  1. Have a great reading holiday! :) It makes me happy that you are going to reread the Throne of Glass series so far! I didn't know there was a Hansel and Gretel written by Neil Gaiman too - I need to look that up. See you in February!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Charlene! I have to keep making myself stop being so skeptical about the amount of reading I'll get done. I always read heaps in summer, even with different routines. I will stay up late if I have to, to get many books read!
      I can't wait to read the Hansel and Gretel retelling- his retellings are, I believe, quite magnificent.

      Delete
  2. You have some really awesome books in that tbr! And a lot I've been wanting to read but haven't had the chance. I hope you enjoy your time off :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Bec! I've been yearning for it since march, I enjoyed it so much the first time- there are so many books I've accumulated throughout the year that I am just gearing to get at! x

      Delete
  3. Ooh have fun tackling all those awesome books! Enjoy the time off :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Melanie! I'm trying to finish at least my current read off before I turn to computer off for good, just to get as much pre-reading done as possible for me. It's very exciting! See you in February! xx

      Delete
  4. I am going to miss having you around. Have a lot of fun on your break. I look forward to when you come back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll miss chatting with you, Angela! I mean, I am intensely excited for tomorrow, being the first day, but I will miss things around the blog-land more than I think I did last year. Can't wait to see what you've been up to on my return!

      Delete
  5. I'm going to miss you Romi! *sobs* I hope you have a wonderful time away from the internet and get lots and lots of reading done! I will be waiting in this exact same spot for when you return. :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, Joy! Last comment from me before February! I'll so miss enjoying your bloggy presence, Joy! You're great! I -will- come back *starts to sing*.... xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. Thank you, Mands! I had an incredible time! xx

      Delete
  8. WOOW that is an epic task Romi, I hope you have a fantastic break from the internet (I wish I could do that) and enjoy a well deserved break of reading <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so, so much, Joy! I was very happy to see such kind words on my return! I had SUCH A GOOD TIME. xx

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading my post and, if you care to, commenting! It means a lot to me that you have thoughts on this thing (whatever it may be), too, and want to share them.

Please note, however, that nothing hurtful will be tolerated.

Have a beautiful day.x