Friday, November 7, 2014

Shouldn't You be in School? by Lemony Snicket...


Title- Shouldn't You be in School? (All the Wrong Questions #3)
Author- Lemony Snicket.
Publish date- October, 2014.
Publisher- Hardie Grant Egmont.
RRP- $16.95 (AUD)

*May contain spoilers for the other books in the series*

(Goodreads)

Review time...

(A Brief) Synopsis:
Basically: Snicket's at it again, and things are getting more mysterious and difficult to understand.


What I thought:
This book leaves me many things: anxious, astonished, amused, shocked, surprised, nervous, joyed, with more markers on the pages than ever before, eager for the next (and final! Eeep!) book.

I do not know what is going on in Stain'd by the Sea, but it is something dark and Snicket has shown worry, which worries ME. This is my favourite book out of the whole series, which shows they are going on a sliding scale upwards and promises the last book will be a delight.

The plot here is just... it is superb. Twisting, mysterious, comedic, full of lit refrences (which I cherish understanding- all these books he mentions, some I know and more I mark to try and figure out) and there is so much detail. Layers and layers of the stuff, twisting the story of VFD in with this new tale of Snicket, refrencing characters who we may have met in ASoUE- here is Aunt Jo and, to my utter delight, a brief mention of Count Olad, which had me in thrills.

Something I particularly enjoyed was the coming together of the other children in Stain'd by the Sea, because Lemony begins to fully trust them here and I adored their friendship growth, how they all relied on each other and did whatever he asked to try and help bring their almost empty town back from the brink of destruction. I have no idea what's going to happen next, but? I'm excited.

Rating: Big Explosion MIND BLOWN!
Tops. Hilarious. Touching. Just and unjust, this is a series for all times of day, all ages, and all who love a mystery unfolding.

2 comments:

  1. You certainly do a very good job of promoting this series. I am highly intrigued by them after all your reviews.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mwhahah! I'm very glad I'm doing a good job at it! I really love this series, and I do hope you'll read it too, L. xx

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading my post and, if you care to, commenting! It means a lot to me that you have thoughts on this thing (whatever it may be), too, and want to share them.

Please note, however, that nothing hurtful will be tolerated.

Have a beautiful day.x