Saturday, November 1, 2014

Story's End by Marissa Burt...


Title- Story's End. (Storybound #2)
Author- Marissa Burt.
Publish date- 2013.
Publisher- Harper.
RRP- ?

*May contain spoilers for book 1 in the series!*


Review time...

(A Brief) Synopsis:
The tide is still changing in Story, and darkness is getting closer as Una tries to figure out the truth she learnt- and hide it from those who have become her family- and everyone tries to save Story.


What I thought:
I can't remember what year it was that I read Storybound- I do believe it was sometime before it's initial publication date, since I read an ARC- but ever since then I have just been waiting to get my hands on the sequel. This made, when that finally came around this year, for a few things I could probably have foreseen-

1. I remembered practically nothing!
By the time I was 150 pages (or there abouts) through, I had a pretty good idea of what was going on, but most of the time before that I was very stumped; I'm not always fond of the way events from a previous book are gone over, as a refresher, but here I wished there was more! It took me far too long to work out that WI's were Written In's, and I've no idea where Indy came into the story, or why Snow was so angry at her mother.

2. I think I had grown too old for it.
For me this wasn't a story I thought could be read by any age and enjoyed in unique, important and memorable ways, and that meant I felt like I was seven or eight years too old for the majority of it. I did not know if it was my memory or that it truly did regress a little, because the characters frustrated me and acted in whinging and whiney ways, and terrible things are happening! I got so frustrated that they were still falling over jealousies and such when war was being waged and they were trying to save Story!

There were some truly wonderful scenes, though, that I felt even if I didn't feel a lot else: I loved the Westerns, Una's discovery at the end, the coming together of the animals.

Rating: Poor.
A bit of a disappointment, to be honest, since I truly loved the first book- I'm glad this is the end, though. It was fitting, the way it all finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading my post and, if you care to, commenting! It means a lot to me that you have thoughts on this thing (whatever it may be), too, and want to share them.

Please note, however, that nothing hurtful will be tolerated.

Have a beautiful day.x