Tuesday, November 4, 2014

The Girl Who Soared Over Fairyland and Cut the Moon in Two by Catherynne M. Valente...


Title- The Girl Who Soared Over Fairyland and Cut the Moon in Two.
Author- Catherynne M. Valente.
Publish date- 2013.
Publisher- Corsair.
RRP- ?

*May contain spoilers for the other two books in the series!*


Review time...

(A Brief) Synopsis:
Oh dear what will happen this time. Something magical and fantastic and marvellous, no doubt. Or so we might hope.


What I thought:
I'm up to date! I am finally caught up with the adventures of quite possibly my favourite heroine in fiction, and now I don't quite know what to do. 
Tradition! Lists!

Didn't Like:

0.01
It took me 150 pages to really get into this, and I've no idea why! I felt how wonderful it was, knew it was all there waiting for me, and I knew I just had to get to the right stage for it, but it took me a while. Not the book's fault, but an irritation none the less.

0.02
September had a bit of a go at Saturday in this, and while I did understand it when she explained, I felt alongside her with bitter anguish, I was yet very sorry for him, how the way she acted made him feel.

Adored:

1.00
They're all together again, and it was just wonderful! The three (September, Ell and Saturday) spend only moments together in the second book, and their real and true reunion, their adventures,  adoration for each other, it was so heartfelt. Together they are the best thing for each other, and apart it is bitterly hard on all (and me!).

2.00
September is, as always, journeying to a new part of fairyland! The moon, where she meets a completely wonderful Taxi-crab, a creature made out of curling hair, a paper circus and the whelk of the moon. Also, she faces off a nasty wind and I think she does marvellously.

3.00
As always, September grows. She's fouteen and she believes she must hide the way she feels, and it is so awful to see her restraining herself time and again, showing her joy in small pieces because she's older, but it does so much for her as a character, all that she learns from it.

4.00
The writing is just as magnificent as it has ever been. Exquisite and quotable and entirely fantastic. I read and I feel emotion, and I just adore every moment.

5.00
The ending. It was shocking and sad and terribly heartwrenching, but so good- so right for everything about this series. I am a little shattered from it, to be honest.

I don't know how to feel about:

1.
The title of book 4. The Boy? What is happening?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading my post and, if you care to, commenting! It means a lot to me that you have thoughts on this thing (whatever it may be), too, and want to share them.

Please note, however, that nothing hurtful will be tolerated.

Have a beautiful day.x