Monday, March 2, 2015

A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle.


Title- A Wrinkle in Time.
Author- Madeleine L'Engle.
Publish date- 1962, 2007.
Publisher- Square Fish.


Review time...

(A Brief) Synopsis:
The story of an adventure through space and time, with companions in the form of three children, three celestial spirits and characters who are charming and unique and, it must be said, not always nice.


What I thought:
Oh, how I sing the praises of this book. I read the graphic novel first and adored it every moment, and bought a copy of the novel, a beautiful edition, with no hesitation that the novel would prove to be anything but as brilliant. This, I must say, is unusual for me. But a stroke of luck.
The novel was, from the very start, like stepping back into a story you know you adore. I could say 20 pages in that it was one of my all time favourite novels, and that stands for the graphic novel and original, alike and unique in their standing.
Madeleine L'Engle writes a story that is true and full of beauty alongside harsh realities; in Meg I find a companion and a fictional representation of myself, in the Mrs. Ws friends, in Aunt Beast a creature of great caring and compassion who I treasure.
I love this story intently. For what it is. For what it does. Gives. For who I meet in it's pages and the joy I get from each word. It is, in a novel, pure joy.

Rating: Big Explosion, MIND BLOWN.
One of the best stories I have ever, could ever read. Pure magic.

4 comments:

  1. This was a book that I really loved when I was young, but I haven't revisited it in many years - I definitely should re-read this soon. I'm sure I'll agree with every point in your review with the re-read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you do; I'm sure it'll be just as wonderful as you remember. It's such an interesting, touchable story, in that it all feels so accessible and real. Read the graphic novel, too- it's incredible!

      Delete
  2. This is one classic that I have never read, but I'm sure I would love! Will you read the sequels too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could not recommend it more! I am absolutely planning on reading the sequels ASAP! They've all got really lovely covers, too, so that is, of course, a bonus! xx

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading my post and, if you care to, commenting! It means a lot to me that you have thoughts on this thing (whatever it may be), too, and want to share them.

Please note, however, that nothing hurtful will be tolerated.

Have a beautiful day.x